All times are in Eastern Daylight Time.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Engility is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer / Systems Assessment Engineer to provide support for the Department of Defense (DoD).
- The SW Engineer is needed to provide support and assess Acquisition Category (ACAT) ID Major Defense Acquisition Programs (MDAPs), Major Automated Information Systems (MAIS) programs, and other special interest program.
- Using knowledge of weapons systems acquisition, the candidate will participate in Program Support Assessments, Nunn-McCurdy Congressional Investigations; System Engineering Technical Reviews and specific software focused reviews.
- The reviews look at various weapon system domains including Fixed Wing, Rotary Wing, Land Systems, Missiles and Bombs, Ships/Submarine, Space and Missile Defense, Unmanned Aircraft Systems and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4SIR) types of systems for the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Provide technical expertise and support in the specific area of Software Engineering as a key member of the customer’s review team.
- In particular, identify Software Engineering-related issues and risks; perform root cause analysis; and recommend issue recovery plans or risk mitigation plans to the customer regarding programs under review.
- Advise and support the customer’s leadership on the formulation and coordination of DoD SW Engineering policies, guidance, and activities to implement the DoD’s chartered responsibilities for enabling DoD systems engineering.
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess at least active DoD Secret Level Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 15 years of Software Engineering experience. Demonstrated Industry/DoD leadership in the Software Engineering technical field desired.
- Strong background and capability in several of the following types of software focus areas is desired: Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA), Agile software development, software cost estimation models, measurement and metrics
- At least 8 years’ experience working in the Defense Acquisition Community as a Military Officer/Government Civilian/or Contractor
- Familiarity with the DoDI 5000 series, to include the Defense Acquisition Guide (DAG)
- Prior OSD/PEO Staff-level Experience desired
- Demonstrated experience in planning, briefing (written and verbal) and coordinating senior-level technical reviews, panels, or similar meetings with diverse participants.
- Masters Degree preferred.
Apply for this job online
Refer a friend to this job
Not ready to apply? Connect with us.
was formed in 2012 and is headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. Our name is derived from “engineering” and “agility” and we employ great people who anticipate and move quickly to serve our customers. Engility has about 9,000 employees in locations throughout the United States and worldwide. Our professionals provide a broad range of technical, analytical, operational, training, security services and products to government and commercial customers. At Engility, we conduct ourselves with the utmost of integrity, accountability and respect to honor our commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Our core competencies include SETA support, professional services, education and training, operational support, logistics and international capacity development.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long- and short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and tuition reimbursement.
Engility is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Engility provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Engility maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us on our home page.