RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
May perform a combination of the following tasks:
- Defines system implementation approach and operational concept.
- Ensures requirements are met and evaluates performance with customer.
- Models operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures.
- Performs operational analysis and mission effectiveness analysis.
- Performs system and subsystem integration, technical risk assessments, technical planning, verification and validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses of total systems throughout the system lifecycle.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Designs major components, or major portions of a functional system, or technically advanced prototype, promotional or specific products.
- Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers.
- Examines engineering drawings and related documents for soundness, efficiency, and simplicity in design; completeness, clarity, and dimensional accuracy; correctness of materials and processes; conformity to design/drafting standards, design specifications, and practicability; and economy of fabrication, assembly, and installation.
- Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment.
- Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments constructs.
- Compiles and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics; investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes.
- Tests raw material, chemicals, and/or finished product to quality controls to ensure compliance with quality standards and applicable government regulations.
- Conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution.
- Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration or enhancement of company technical products, programs and systems.
- Provides expertise for resolving technical problems, troubleshoots product and modifies product to customer requirements.
- Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
This is a contingent position based on funding from the customer.
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related field. (An additional 4 years may substitute for the degree.)
- 10 or more years of experience, including prior work supporting AMRAAM, Phoenix, Sidewinder or Sparrow platforms and systems.
- Secret Security clearance
- 5 or more years working with Radars and IR sensors
- Chemical and/or Energetic experience
- Experience with propulsion and/or rocket motors
- Familiarity with Air-to ground munitions, Air to surface missile systems, Rockets, Surface-to-Surface missile systems and/or Surface to air missile systems.
- Master’s degree or PhD in a related field.
Apply for this job online
Refer a friend to this job
was formed in 2012 and is headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. Our name is derived from “engineering” and “agility” and we employ great people who anticipate and move quickly to serve our customers. Engility has about 9,000 employees in locations throughout the United States and worldwide. Our professionals provide a broad range of technical, analytical, operational, training, security services and products to government and commercial customers. At Engility, we conduct ourselves with the utmost of integrity, accountability and respect to honor our commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Our core competencies include SETA support, professional services, education and training, operational support, logistics and international capacity development.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long- and short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and tuition reimbursement.
Engility is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Engility provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Engility maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us on our home page.