Engility supports our Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Systems Engineering (DASD(SE)) customers as they lead, cultivate, and develop systems engineering policy, guidance, and standardization documents. Engility also provide technical expertise to pertaining to DoD Chief Information Officer (CIO) policies, processes, and architectures.
- Attend the Enterprise Architecture and Services Board, which includes the Joint Enterprise Standards Committee (JESC), Enterprise Architecture Engineering Panel (EAEP), and the Enterprise Services Data Panel (ESDP) and provide situational awareness, and develop point papers as necessary, for the ODASD(C3CB).
- [JESC] Monitor and assess the selection of IT standards for the Defense Information Standards Baseline that are mandated for DoD systems and identify issues that impact acquisition program of records (POR) managed under the DoDI 5000.02, “Defense Acquisition System” or other OUSD(AT&L) equities
- [EAEP] Review reference architectures (RA) and solution architectures (SA) related to the Joint Information Environment (JIE) and Mission Partner Environment (MPE) initiative to ensure technical practicable for weapon system platforms and other mission essential system capabilities that support disadvantaged, intermittent, and low bandwidth (DIL) environments found in forward operating areas, time critical communication needs, and limited spectrum availability/limited throughput.
- [Joint Mission Thread Architecture and Test Working Group (JMTAT-WG)] Support the review of operational mission threads developed by the Joint Staff J-6 to assess and validate the communication architecture and capabilities support the required information flow for the mission.
- [Interoperability Steering Group (ISG)] Support the review of test plans and requests for waivers to recommend approval of plans or waivers for interoperability certification of systems based upon the program’s Net Ready Key Performance Parameter (NR-KPP)
- [DoD Information Network Waiver Panel] Support the by the review of waivers from use of NIPRNET and DISA provided communications capabilities by DoD organizations based on mission needs.
- DoD IT and communication systems related policies, architectures, and planning documents for impacts to acquisition POR managed under the DoDI 5000.02 and other OUSD(AT&L)/SE equities
- Support in the coordination of spectrum management, policy, and supportability issues, with emphasis on weapons systems acquisition and development and overarching capability impacts.
- Review Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) activities where DASD(SE) is the sponsor
- Provide technical expertise and support in the specific area of MOSA to include developing DoD systems engineering guidance as it relates to MOSA for MDAPs and DAU training material.
- Support the review of acquisition law and FAR/DFARs provisions to determine issues and corrective actions to allow the DOD to obtain the appropriate IP rights for technical information to improve competition and make cost-effective system upgrades.