We are seeking a Knowledge Management Specialist to support PMW 760’s handling of Command-level, Ship New Construction and Ship Modernization information and resources by developing, implementing, and maintaining an integrated Knowledge Management (KM) Model. The KM Strategy will support the Organization’s Mission, Stakeholder Communications, and address Tactical and Strategic Initiatives enabling leadership’s decision-making
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Help the Organization operate more efficiently and to standardize processes
- Improve staffing functions to include routing and version control of documentation
- Help the Organization learn from past mistakes and successes
- Develop and utilize at least a Plan of Objectives and Milestones (POAM) for the management of effort tasks and deliverables, for review and approval by the Government. The POAM shall include efforts down to the work package level, reflect task dependencies, and bear realistic durations
- Develop and deliver a total cost estimate for the effort, including all resource costs (e.g., labor, materials) and update no less than monthly with actual work performed and projections/plans for future work
- Shall prepare and present status reports, demos, etc. to Organizational leadership, as directed by the Government; typically held quarterly.
- Exploit existing knowledge assets by re-deploying them in areas where the Organization stands to gain something
- Promote a long term focus on developing the right competencies and skills and removing obsolete knowledge
- Enhance the Organization’s ability to innovate
- Enhance the Organization’s ability to protect its key knowledge and competencies from being lost or copied
- Create deliverables which shall address Organizational Knowledge, Learning, Culture & Leadership, as well as any associated risks, issues, opportunities, and failure factors.
- Institute KM procedures and processes to efficiently manage information throughout the Organization