The Sr. Director, Capture Management is assigned to the Defense Group capture team supporting and delivering multiple mission-critical services. This position is a direct report to the Vice President of Capture Management and Strategy, DoD. The Sr. Director, Capture Management is responsible for directing and managing large strategic DOD and Intelligence Community pursuits in collaboration with BD, Contracts, HR, Pricing, and Proposal leads.
Engility Corporation provides advisory services with emphasis on technical analysis and planning, operations research, requirements specification, systems engineering, test and evaluation, technical acquisition and planning, and program management. The Defense Group services and solutions are integral to the missions of our customers. We understand the importance of the work we perform and how it directly affects the security of the nation and the safety of our citizens. As a trusted partner, we work side by side with our customers, providing honest counsel and innovative solutions to high-priority challenges. Our employees share a single goal: always do what’s right for the customer.
- Leads the Capture Management strategy and execution to qualify new business opportunities within the Defense Group pipeline
- Lead large strategic bids including development of technical solutions and win strategies
- Provide leadership and execution of effective capture plans utilizing established internal tools and processes
- Position requires the management and leadership of winning capture teams, effectively collaborating with assigned assets, subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
- Coalesce with DoD team members, BD, operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position Engility for successful pursuits
- Key member of the Corporate Business Development organization, providing expertise and knowledge to build and execute Engility Corporation enterprise wide growth strategies
- Execute Corporate BD CONOPS and implement Engility BD culture
- Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements working closely with BD leads -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats -- conducts Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Collaborates effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
- Identifies gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
- Conducts and participates in gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
- Leads and negotiates teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Manages assigned pipeline (portfolio of opportunities) as the executive lead for Business Winning
- Drives development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
- Assumes accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability