Engility is looking for to engineers skilled with MBSE methodologies to join our team that is assisting the NAVAIR customer with their Systems Engineering Transformation (SET) efforts. The SET initiative aims to transform the application of Systems Engineering through the formalization of the use of models as a methodology.
The SET initiative includes activity in the following related areas:
- modeling language
- modeling tools
- modeling methodologies
- modeling training.
SET also includes activity with collaborative web-based capabilities and integrated modeling environments. This activity requires interactions across competencies within NAVAIR, across all Navy commands and possibly at the DoD level.
The Engineer shall apply their knowledge in Model Based Systems Engineering to:
- Provide systems engineering expertise to study, analyze and develop model-centric system engineering processes, methods, tools, training and environments for application across the entire life-cycle of Navy programs.
- Provide systems engineering expertise to develop System Models (SysML) for acquisition programs (Language / Tool / Method)
- Provide systems engineering expertise to develop a SET Reference Models (metamodel / ontology) for NAVAIR use using Web Ontology Language (OWL) standards.
- Provide systems engineering expertise to develop modeling methodologies (based in such disciplines as Object-Oriented System Engineering Method (OOSEM), Rational Unified Processes for Systems Engineering (RUP-SE), Harmony–SE, Jet Propulsion Lab State Analysis (JPL SA), etc.) to meet the needs of emerging programs and the needs of existing programs.
- Provide systems engineering expertise to establish a CM-controlled Single-Source-of-Truth Repository for Model-centric Engineering.
- Provide systems engineering expertise to operate and apply SysML modeling tools including Sparx EA, MajicDraw and Rhapsody.
- Provide systems engineering expertise to research, analyze and develop an Integrated Modeling Environment (IME) that includes the integration of modeling language, modeling methodology and modeling tools. Additionally, the IME requires Reference Models (ontology), Knowledge Models (KM) (combination of architecture, logic and descriptions), Process Model (process for KM development and application) and Data Access (scripts to auto-generate model views and other engineering artifacts).
- Provide systems engineering expertise to develop framework for model-centric engineering analysis and collaboration for technical reviews in a Single-Source-of-Truth environment.
- Provide systems engineering expertise to develop training content for Modeling 101 Training / Workshops.
Develop modern training strategies to deliver effective training using web-based technologies and other virtual methods.