Engility is seeking for a Fire Protection Engineer to join our team in our Chantilly, VA office. The ideal candidate shall be responsible for providing fire protection evaluation, analyses, and oversight of all Engineering design, integration, and construction work including; maintenance, operating facilities and utilities, data centers for all enterprise projects. The successful candidate will rely upon experience and knowledge of fire protection systems and regulations to ensure that Safety, Technical Performance, Quality, Cost and Schedule Goals are met or exceeded.
The following duties are a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities:
- Review planning, programming, architectural and engineering design documents, specifications, and other technical documents for proposed construction activities to validate compliance with applicable codes and standards and to identify optimal fire protection solutions.
- Provide support to assigned project managers by identifying issues, evaluating alternative solutions, and providing recommendations.
- Perform fire protection analyses and reviews of design and construction submittals; perform code analysis of municipal, state, and national codes for applicability to project(s); perform evaluations and prepare recommendations for code compliance of specific design and construction elements.
- Update, review, interpret, and maintain the Fire/Life Safety, Design Criteria Plan/Guidelines; and provide support to start-up and testing.
- Prepare corporate fire protection governance and policy, standard operating procedures, and facility design standards.
- Conduct comprehensive fire safety audits and inspections of new construction to validate compliance of fire protection and life safety aspects.
- Provide a variety of status reports and respond to required audits.
- Participate on a variety of committees as assigned; attend and participate in professional group meetings; maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the fields related to area of assignment; ensure processes, policies and practices are interpreted and applied consistently and effectively; ensure accountability and compliance with all current and applicable state and federal laws, government policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Participate in testing and commissioning and assist the work effort in obtaining the Certificate of Occupancy Permit.
- Work closely with the Safety, Quality Assurance and Operations personnel throughout the enterprise.
- Support data collection and metrics development and contribute to the records and knowledge management activities.