Engility is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Fairmont, WV, Chantilly, VA or San Antonio, TX. We support NASA’s Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Program, primarily delivering analysis, validation and verification of safety-critical and mission-critical software for important NASA science and human exploration programs. Roles and Responsibilities – as a member of the team:
- Performs independent assessments (Ensuring that the cyber security architecture and design of the customer’s systems will be functional and secure with the ability to detect and respond to Cyber events) and penetration tests on development and large-scale operational environments.
- Provides security engineering, integration, technical assessments, and solutions to enable Defensive Cyber Operations.
- Evaluates and applies government cyber security (e.g. NIST) policies and instructions.
- Performs mentoring and training on cyber security and information assurance methodologies/techniques.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams of security and systems analysts performing assessments and/or verification and validation analyses.
- Prepares presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to mission assurance analyses performed.
- Supports IV&V project lead directly as knowledgeable reviewer of IV&V security analysis products and services. Participates in Risk Management process as it relates to execution of the mission assurance and/or IV&V projects and to the software/systems development project being evaluated by the IV&V team.
- Performs technical task planning and supports the Project Lead in the execution and control of the tasks. Participates in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors. Work is performed on-site in Government facilities.
- Occasional travel will be required.