Security Administrators perform a vital administrative security support function by providing direct access control to secure areas; ensuring consistent and efficient processing and distribution of security-related documentation; the maintenance and monitoring of calendar schedules; monitoring suspense items; conducting document quality reviews; scheduling presentation of special tasking; accepting deliveries of classified and unclassified materials (reports, presentations, etc); and, the management and administration of supporting databases.
Security Assistants provide administrative support across all functional areas to assure the maintenance of records and files, the preparation and distribution of mail, correspondence, reports, and other documents, and the maintenance of a suspense date file. These efforts include the development, review, analysis, and preparation of ad hoc reports, spreadsheets, charts, graphs, and narrative
- Generate and maintain databases that reflect receipt, storage, inventory and disposition of information including data entry, updates, and generation of reports.
- Maintain and document personnel security accesses, to include databases for all collateral, SAP, and SCI personnel, and conduct indoctrination and debriefings as required.
- Assist in reviewing customer security regulations and procedures and create and facilitate methods of implementation within assigned work areas/technology offices.
- Assist with implementing the Security Education Awareness training program and develop security education bulletins, directives, security plans, procedures and controls as required.
- Prepare and protect security files, records, and other information.
- Support and execute personnel security functions associated with the SAP Nomination Process (SAP NP).
- Process SAP NP forms and Program Access Requests (PARs) within 7 business days of receipt.
- Ensure SAP NP forms and PARs requiring SAPCO coordination/approval are staffed to the SAPCO PERSEC specialist with supporting justification within 7 business days of receipt.
- Update SILVERADO and JADE, as applicable, within 3 business days of receipt of an approved PAR and within 1 duty day of a successful indoctrination of personnel to a SAP compartment.
- Perform entry, exit, visitor processing, and escorting for day-to-day operations as well as conferences hosted in the DARPA Conference Center or other mutually supported facilities.
- Conduct end-of-day security checks and perform other security administrative functions as requested.
- Provide day-to-day access control management of supported facilities and maintain supported facilities and conference rooms.
- Coordinate with other DARPA security offices, organizations, and personnel in support of mission requirements.
- Recurring and nonrecurring correspondence, reports, and other documentation.
- Establish, update, and develop inclusive administrative office processes and procedures.
- Gather information, verify facts, and assemble background materials, reference material, and reports for Agency leadership / executive level meetings and conferences.
- For select positions, maintain and follow-up on suspense records for coordination, action, or suspense dates.
- For select positions, schedule and track the calendar for appointments, meetings, and travel, to include use of the Defense Travel Service (DTS) System