Engility Corporation is seeking a well-qualified Database Administrator (DBA) to be responsible for performing configuration, administration, and monitoring of multiple, complex database environments. The successful candidate will take ownership of assigned tasks and provide daily status updates in support of a restricted program in the Northern Virginia area. Candidates must be self-starters and be able to solve complex problems with minimal supervision. Duties include designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining national security systems as well as serving as a trusted adviser for the customer.
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases;
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities;
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with new and existing data warehouse structures;
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds;
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions;
- Designs data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installs, upgrades, and manages database applications;
- Automates and orchestrates routine and standard tasks using approved scripting languages such as Microsoft PowerShell and *nix-based Shells (e.g., Bash);
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Systems Administrators and DBAs, and may have supervisory responsibilities;
- May serve as technical project or task leader;
- Stays current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements;
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned;
- Installs new databases and applies maintenance fixes/patches supplied by vendor;
- Performs setup and tuning of system and solution parameters;
- Tunes databases for the OS platform of choice;
- Ensures appropriate storage for the Database Management System (DBMS) (i.e. capacity planning);
- Enables the DBMS to work with storage devices and storage management software; and
- Interfaces with any other technologies required by database applications.
Note this position will migrate to a new location in Springfield, VA in 2018.