Engility is the sole provider of Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) services to the NASA IV&V Program located in Fairmont, West Virginia. At the NASA IV&V Facility, we support NASA's IV&V Program, delivering analysis and verification & validation of safety-critical and mission-critical software for a number of important NASA programs, including both human and robotic exploration as well as earth and space science collection platforms.
The successful candidate will learn to work independently and as a member of a team in one or more of these IV&V projects or other IV&V Program functional areas.
Roles and Responsibilities as defined:
- Works under some supervision. Possess specialized knowledge and domain experience of systems/software requirements/specifications.
- Familiar with SDLC. Analyze system/software requirements/designs/implementation and test plans/designs/procedures/cases/results to ensure requirements have been addressed and software standards met.
- Assist in development of technical reference for the capabilities under analysis/test.
- Assist in defining/analyzing/testing/verifying complex system/software projects, test programs, states of technology, and software development projects.
- Configure/execute static code analysis tools; analyze results for true positive issues.
- Analyze environment/process requirements, design/implement solutions (using supported IV&V development tools), and work with NASA to deploy across the Facility.
- Prepare risks/issues, presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables.
- Participate in events/meetings involving staff/Government customers/visitors/VIPs.
- Analyze effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes, perform space domain special studies, and develop/recommend improvements as needed.
- Perform well in interactions with Government and other contractors in a collaborative engineering working environment.
- Use/customize open source interactive development environments; background in object-based analysis/design; willing to learn new tools and produce innovative products.
- Knowledge of software architectures. Ensure software standards are met.
- Able to lead small teams in technical task completion.
- Knowledge of UML and agile processes. Knowledge of V&V processes.