Engility is looking to hire several Software Engineers to support the NAVAIR Advanced Arresting Gear (AAG) program team in Lakehurst, NJ. The primary job functions will be to provide site support at the Lakehurst Jet Car Track Site, Runway Arrested Landing Site, System Functional Demonstration site, and also at the prime contractor’s test site located in San Diego, CA. This support will include the job responsibilities listed below. There is a travel requirement that could require traveling to San Diego, Boston, and/or Norfolk averaging up to once a month. Specific individual travel trips are typically one week in duration but could extend as longer for extraordinary situations.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Conducting software forensics - investigating a mishap, improper software behavior or software failure to determine the exact root cause of the issue.
- Observing and performing software component level testing at the test sites.
- Writing test observation reports.
- Applying best practices oversight to the prime’s software development and testing processes.
- Troubleshooting software code issues and reporting on findings.
- Performing software code reviews.
- Deploying, installing and troubleshooting AAG/EMALS software products at the Fleet and Navy test facilities.
- Providing test site and shipboard fleet assistance during Test and Evaluation phases of the AAG program.
- Gathering Fleet requirements through the Trouble Report (TR) Process or other available reporting systems.
- Performing verification and validation of the software components being delivered by the prime contractor against the documented software requirements and design documents.
- Performing software requirements and design documentation reviews.
- Write trip reports summarizing activities performed/results observed and write monthly status reports for work performed.
- Attend weekly team meetings. Keeping technical managers updated on task progress and issues as they are encountered.
- Initially, the job will be test focused and there will be no actual software design and development work to be performed. However, this is a long term role that is expected to transform into a Sr. Software Engineer that will be leading the ongoing support, maintenance, and enhancement of the AAG software at the NAVAIR Lakehurst location.