Engility and its Veterans Affairs (VA) Practice is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of consulting services in the Federal market. Engility is creating professional opportunities for those seeking a growth oriented business environment. Our professionals work with Government agencies and organizations to create efficiencies, increase organizational and human performance, reduce costs, improve operating results, and achieve mission success.
Engility is deploying a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals to provide technical management and support services that will assist the VA Office of Information Technology (VA OIT) in delivering effective, consistent and timely project management execution throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Engility is seeking a Project Manager to support an array of project management activities across a broad spectrum of IT projects.
The responsibilities are to include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain any project assets, communications and related database(s)
- Evaluate and monitor the overall project as to scope, schedule, risk, communication and change management under the direction of the Project/Program Manager
- Review and report to PM on the project’s budget and finances
- Routinely perform complete or component analysis
- Notify the project/program manager about abnormalities or variances
- Research and analyze data to aid the overall goals of the team by tracking the budget, forecasting financial needs, monitoring and reporting outcome data, tracking compliance to corporate and legal regulations, and doing ad hoc data analysis for members of the team.
- Serve as a liaison for the project's technical, functional and non-functional teams
- Anticipate risks and develop actionable mitigation strategies
- Support the project/program manager to develop and execute clear plans of action; demonstrate sound client engagement skills
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of project management best practices
- Work on diverse problems requiring evaluation of identifiable factors and root cause analysis. Present alternatives, solution, or strategies, considering client requirements and capabilities
- Monitor assigned project(s) milestones, deadlines, and due dates and inform project/program manager of any potential risks and issues that might impact meeting the deadlines
- Develop weekly and ad hoc reports as assigned (e.g., project status, metrics)
- Ensure on-time delivery of deliverables that meet Engility quality standards
- Support the development of project artifacts, including leadership briefing, project roadmaps, plans of action, guides, project charters, program/project management plans and supporting plans, risk management plans, and other SDLC documentation
- Assist PM to establish and maintain a stakeholder roster and RACI chart for the project
- Review schedules, monitor, and report on activities and dependencies related to the project, including integration/development vendor monitoring
- Facilitate discussions with development and business teams in different phases of SDLC
- Work independently with minimal instructions on routine tasks and with general instruction on new tasks
This position can be supported from any CONUS remote home office location.