Engility and its Veterans Affairs (VA) Practice is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of consulting services in the Federal market. Engility is creating professional opportunities for those seeking a growth oriented business environment. Our professionals work with Government agencies and organizations to create efficiencies, increase organizational and human performance, reduce costs, improve operating results, and achieve mission success.
Engility is deploying a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals to provide technical management and support services that will assist the VA Office of Information Technology (VA OIT) in delivering effective, consistent and timely project management execution throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Engility is seeking a Project Manager to support an array of project management activities across a broad spectrum of IT projects.
The responsibilities are to include, but are not limited to:
- Define and manage scope, schedule, risks, communications, and change management issues associated with assigned projects.
- Manage assigned resources to meet the needs of the project and optimize staffing.
- Anticipate risks and develop actionable mitigation strategies.
- Engage the client to develop and execute clear plans of action; demonstrate excellent client engagement skills.
- Demonstrate mastery of project management best practices.
- Work on diverse problems requiring evaluation of identifiable factors and root cause analysis. Present alternatives, solution, or strategies, considering client requirements and capabilities.
- Monitor assigned project(s) milestones, deadlines, and due dates and inform VA PM of any potential risks and issues that might impact meeting the deadlines.
- Develop weekly and ad hoc reports as assigned (e.g., project status, metrics).
- Ensure full engagement of assigned team members, providing mentoring and guidance as required.
- Ensure on-time delivery of deliverables that meet Engility quality standards.
- Work with leads to support resource management, stakeholder relationship building and manager/interaction, and facilitate cross-workstream integration.
- Lead the development of project artifacts, including leadership briefing, project roadmaps, plans of action, guides, project charters, program/project management plans and supporting plans, risk management plans, and other SDLC documentation.
- Engage stakeholders to elicit requirements and build strong relationships on behalf of the client; establish and maintain a stakeholder roster and RACI chart for the project.
- Plan schedules, monitor, and report on activities and dependencies related to the project, including integration/development vendor monitoring.
- Facilitate discussions with development and business teams in different phases of SDLC.
- Work independently with no instructions on routine tasks and with general instruction on new tasks.
This position can be supported from a CONUS remote home office location.