Engility and its Veterans Affairs (VA) Practice is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of consulting services in the Federal market. Engility is creating professional opportunities for those seeking a growth oriented business environment. Our professionals work with Government agencies and organizations to create efficiencies, increase organizational and human performance, reduce costs, improve operating results, and achieve mission success.
Engility is deploying a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals to provide technical management and support services that will assist the VA Office of Information Technology (VA OIT) in delivering effective, consistent and timely project management execution throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Engility is seeking an Applications Systems Analyst to support several complex IT projects and systems.
Duties and responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Perform analysis, design, and integration of information systems and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and development software.
- Assess stated business requirements and develop/verify system/interface/technical requirements.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives.
- Evaluate cost factors and identify risks associated with alternative solutions; assist in the development and implementation of risk mitigation strategies/plans.
- Facilitate technical requirements elicitation sessions; document and analyze VA technical requirements. Document discussions, decisions, and actions in meeting artifacts stored on VA SharePoint.
- Review business changes and define technical implications of such changes.
- Coordinate with business and technical representatives for upstream and downstream dependent systems and services to identify, scope and support definition of cross-functional requirements.
- Prepare detailed specifications for programs. Assist in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements to existing applications.
- Devise/modify procedures to solve complex problems considering technical equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results; support analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
- Evaluate new and existing software products.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of the requirements backlog in support of agile development.
- On-time delivery of deliverables that meet Engility quality standards.
- Engage effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of Engility and Government staff, including project managers, PMO support staff, business analysts, developers, technical analysts, system architects, etc.
- Perform as an engaged, collaborative member of the project support team to ensure application design fulfills business and technical requirements.
- Provide consultation on concurrent complex projects and serve as technical specialist in all phases of applications analysis.
This position can be supported from a CONUS remote home office location.