Engility and its Veterans Affairs (VA) Practice is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of consulting services in the Federal market. Engility is creating professional opportunities for those seeking a growth oriented business environment. Our professionals work with Government agencies and organizations to create efficiencies, increase organizational and human performance, reduce costs, improve operating results, and achieve mission success.
Engility is deploying a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals to provide technical management and support services that will assist the VA Office of Information Technology (VA OIT) in delivering effective, consistent and timely program and project management execution throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Engility is seeking a Program Manager to support an array of program and project management activities across a broad spectrum of IT projects.
Duties and responsibilities to include, but not be limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of projects; demonstrate mastery of project management and SDLC best practices
- Serve as primary Engility POC for Government/external/internal contacts
- Define and manage scope, schedule, risks, communications, and change management issues associated with assigned projects or programs
- Manage assigned resources to meet the needs of the project and optimize staffing
- Work with leads to support resource management, stakeholder relationship building/management; facilitate cross-workstream and portfolio integration/collaboration
- Engage stakeholders to engender active participation and build strong relationships on behalf of the client; establish and maintain a stakeholder roster and RACI charts
- Manage assigned program/project(s), from initiation through closeout; ensure definition and monitoring of all milestones, deadlines, and due dates; maintain and manage an action item tracking system
- Anticipate risks and develop actionable mitigation strategies; ensure VA PM is made aware of any potential risks/issues that could affect success of the program(s)
- Lead the development of program level artifacts, including leadership briefing, project roadmaps, plans of action, guides, project charters, program/project management plans and supporting plans, risk management plans, and other SDLC documentation; ensure on-time delivery of deliverables that meet Engility quality standards
- Engage the client to develop and execute clear plans of action; demonstrate excellent client engagement skills
- Define and address risks/problems/issues quickly and effectively; ensure communication with client/leadership as appropriate; perform root cause and other analyses to inform corrective action planning; present alternatives/solutions/strategies; implement approved strategies
- Develop weekly and ad hoc reports as assigned (e.g., project status, metrics)
- Ensure full engagement of assigned team members, providing mentoring and guidance as required
- Facilitate discussions with Government and contract support teams in different phases of SDLC; monitor action items
- Demonstrate leadership; establish and maintain a collaborative work environment
- Work independently, with no instructions on routine tasks and with general instruction on new tasks, and collaboratively as a member of a team.
This position can be supported from a CONUS remote home office location.